Publications Ethics and Malpractice Statement
The GJMEDPH adheres to the criteria of the International Committee of Medical Journal Editors.
- GJMEDPH has an editorial board of recognized experts in Medicine, Global Health and Public Health. Details of board members- including qualifications and contact details- are found on our website.
2.Authors and Authors Responsibilities
- There are no fees for submitting to the journal. Article Processing Charges (APCs) are associated only with accepted articles. These are to cover the costs of making the final version of the manuscript freely available via online open access.
- These charges are designed to cover the cost of:
- Journal hosting systems
- Manuscript submission systems
- In-house copyediting and linguistic support
- Pagination & typesetting
- Archiving, where appropriate, in an internationally recognized, open access repository.
- Once an article is accepted, article processing charges are applied as follows:
- 160 USD for authors outside India (where GJMEDPH is based)
- 3500 INR for authors within India.
- The APC is to be submitted once the copyright form is signed.
- Authors are obliged to participate in the peer review process.
- All authors are to have significantly contributed to the research submitted.
- All authors are obliged to provide retractions or corrections of mistakes if necessary.
- A list of references and financial support received is to be made clear.
- It is forbidden for authors to publish the same research in more than one journal.
- All manuscripts submitted to GJMEDPH are reviewed by two independent reviewers (double blinded peer review process) selected from a pool of reviewers based on their expertise and the type of article.
- We define ‘Peer Review’ as obtaining advice on individual manuscripts from reviewers’ expert in the field.
- A time limit of 21 days is given to the reviewer to give his/her comments which are entered in the evaluation form which is sent to the reviewer along with the manuscript.
- Following this initial review, a preliminary decision is communicated to the author regarding major or minor revisions required, or if the manuscript is not acceptable for publication in the Journal.
- Judgments are objective.
- Once the manuscript is accepted for publication, authors are required to sign a copyright form. No queries from authors are answered in the interval between GJMEDPH receiving the submission and completion of the initial review process.
- Reviewers should have no conflict of interest. It is the policy of the GJMEDPH to require a conflict of interest declaration from all authors. When making a declaration, the disclosure of information must be specific and include any financial relationship that the authors of the article have with any sponsoring organization and the for-profit interests the organization represents. Any commercial or financial involvement that might represent a conflict of interest needs to be additionally disclosed in the covering letter accompanying your manuscript to assist the Editor in Chief in evaluating whether sufficient disclosure has been made within the Conflict of Interest Declaration provided in the manuscript.
- Reviewers should point out relevant published work which is not yet cited.
- Reviewed articles are treated confidentially.
- Publishers and editors of GJMEDPH take reasonable steps to identify and prevent the publication of papers where research misconduct has occurred.
- GJMEDPH and its editors do not encourage such misconduct, or knowingly allow such misconduct to take place.
- In the event that the journal’s publisher or editors are made aware of any allegation of research misconduct the publisher or editor endeavor to deal with allegations appropriately.
- Publishers and editors endeavor to publish corrections, clarifications, retractions and apologies when needed.
- The journal has guidelines for retracting or correcting articles where necessary.
- Editors have complete responsibility and authority to reject/accept an article.
- Editors should have no conflict of interest with respect to articles they reject/accept.
- Editors are only to accept a paper when reasonably certain of suitability.
5.Copyright and Access
- Submission of a manuscript implies that:
- The work described has not been published before (except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, or thesis)
- Is not under consideration for publication elsewhere
- That if and when the manuscript is accepted for publication, the authors agree to automatic transfer of the copyright to the publisher.
- The journal and individual articles are available free of charge to readers- the final version of the manuscript is freely available via online open access.
- GJMEDPH will be published freely online and authors have free electronic access to PDF of the article. Authors can freely download the PDF file from which they can print unlimited copies of their articles.
- GJMEDPH electronically backs-up and preserves access to the journal content in the event that the journal is no longer published.
7.Ownership and Management
- The GJMEDPH is an initiative of the Regional Institute of Health and Family Welfare, Kashmir, India. The Institute was established under the India Population Project VII (IPP) with assistance from the World Bank, and is meant to serve as an apex institution for the continuing education of in-service health professionals and of staff from non-profit, non-governmental organizations involved in health activities.
- Integrating biomedical, social and environmental sciences, we welcome a wide range of contributions from all world regions with an emphasis on development and lower income settings in order to support the evidence base for disease prevention and control. Submissions may include original research, field investigations, review articles, case reports, articles relevant to policy, planning and evaluation, and letters to the editor. Submissions will be evaluated on the basis of their scientific quality and relevance.
- A new edition is the journal is published every 2 months.
10.Name of journal
- The Global Journal of Medicine and Public Health is a unique title and not affiliated with other journals.